As far as the fillers for two of the apothecary jars I used an idea I had seen on pinterest. I bought some Styrofoam balls and thumb tacks. I spray painted the thumb tacks and then stuck them into the Styrofoam balls for a fun textured look. This required a lot more thumb tacks than I had originally planned on so I only had enough for 3 balls. (If you make these plan on about 100 thumb tacks per 2 inch Styrofoam ball.) I also used some pumpkin shaped fillers and some potpourri fillers that I had laying around.
For the third apothecary jar I filled it with hazelnut flavored coffee beans and a chocolate scented candle. The scent is delicious. Unfortunately though it has left me craving sweets all day. Hmmmm. I may have to rethink this!
My challenge is now to find a good place to put them where they are safe from grabby hands, flying balls and jumping-bean kiddos! Oh, how I wish that our plaster walls would allow the wall shelves to support their weight! I will have to settle for the next-best spot, which is fine because I don't need broken glass shards in anyone's feet...or heads. No more emergency room trips for a while, please!
Linking up at these fun parties!