I actually used an old high school English book which I had saved. I am sure my teacher would be devastated to hear this. I got away with only using the introduction section if that makes up for it at all. This baby had been used by many students before me, apparently one who won a sectional title. I actually am not sure I was allowed to bring this book home, now that I think of it. Oh well, by the looks of the cover I did my school a favor. Yes, that is duct tape...not my doing.
I cut out pages, (Sorry Mr. Smagin!), and trimmed off the margins. I cut some of the pages in half for the narrower parts of the "G". Then I rolled them up and hot glued the edge to the roll. Then I hot glued the rolls onto my cardboard monogram. There are more detailed instructions on Stacy's blog, if you want to check them out because mine are lacking.
It isn't perfect, but it cost me nothing! I plan on using it in our living room gallery wall which I am constructing piece by piece!
Linking up at these fun link parties!